Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tithing

While I appreciated Leblanc's narrative/biographical approach, as a pastor I definitely wanted something with more depth and biblical insight. I was hoping for Leblanc to dig into the culture and context of the scripture to help guide the way in which we might see tithing in a fresh way. Mr. Leblanc doesn't show any theological scratchings and leans too much into story telling that comes across as nice ideas, but may or may not carry any sort of truth. This just felt far too removed from the rest of the books in this Ancient Practices series, and being that it cam out last, I wonder what went wrong. I believe that we need some fresh language and life provided for giving to the local church, and this fell flat. Some good stories and decent writing, but just not enough depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment